- 1 Quiz
- 1 Survey
- 1 Multimedia
- 6 PDFs
- 2.0 hrs
Want Unlimited Access To All Our Course? Subscribe Now!
Infection control is always the centre of focus when considering best practices and health care reforms. Nurses’ working in any health care setting have a basic understanding of infection control and it is general hospital culture to put this knowledge into practice. But, it is important for a Nurse to hold an authentic and in-depth knowledge regarding advanced infection control practices in any health care settings. Regular review and updating of this knowledge in current practices is inevitable.
The purpose of this course is to improve the knowledge of health professionals regarding Advanced Infection Control Techniques. This will assist them to identify health care associated situations which need enhanced infection control precautions and to minimize the risk of health care worker exposure to infectious diseases.
Courses you might be interested in: Basic Infection Control
- Define hospital acquired infection(HAI)
- List the types of HAI
- Identify the risk factors of HAI
- Create management and preventive measures for:
- Multidrug-Resistant Organisms (MDRO)
- Central line –associated Blood Stream Infection (CLABSI)
- Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
- Surgical Site Infections
- Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP)
- Determine current evidence based practice
For more information about Continuing Nursing Education Points, please click to view this fact sheet by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
2 Hours (Self-Paced)